The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bugs Mond...oh crap

Well it's Tuesday and I realized this morning that I completely forgot about Bugs Monday. I'm positive I would have remembered if I wasn't preoccupied with work and going out of town for a meeting. I spent the night in Newport News and got back to Richmond early this afternoon. This week is a very busy one for me at work. Needless to say, Bugs was pissed, but I smoothed out things over with an offering of steak leftovers. The situation has officially been rectified.

After work I headed over to the gym that was hosting the open auditions to be part of their new ad campaign. I have a feeling that I good number of people tried out. The auditions took place at various locations over the course of three days. If I make it I will be shocked, but I'm definitely not counting on it. If anything, cross your fingers I'll get chosen for the print ads because speaking while nervous is not my forte. I'm sure you are thinking "oh it couldn't have been that bad." Believe me when I say that when I am nervous I tend to ramble and not make a lot of sense. I also don't think through what I'm about to say so it usually comes out jumbled and riddled with "ums." I felt like I was on American Idol as there were three judges staring at me. Mostly expressionless. I told one of them he was totally the Simon. At least I got a laugh or two. Just thank goodness I didn't have to sing.

I had to stand on the white line, have my photo taken, talk into a microphone and be video-taped. They asked me some questions about why I like to work out, etc. Time goes by at an odd pace when I'm nervous. I feel like I blacked out--I only remember bits and pieces of what I actually said and as for those things, I just keep cringing and wishing I said something completely different.

I know I am being hard on myself. I really won't be sad if I don't get chosen. I put myself out there and tried something I've never tried before and I'm proud of myself for following through. Why I am having anxieties over this is seriously beyond me. I'll let you know either way as soon as I find out.

And now, a day late but still completely lovable. I give you, Bugs...Tuesday??

I mentioned before that I like to be outside. The park is one of my favorite places. Mom and I went walking in the park and she took this picture of me. I think I look very handsome here. The only problem with this photo is the wiener shadow.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Wiener shadow?? HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Your audition for World Gym Fame sounds exciting. At least it was a fun thing to do, right? You never know!

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Well at least the wiener shadow is flattering, right? I mean, it's one of those cases where the shadow is "larger-than-life," so maybe he should be happy about that.

    I am super proud of you for putting yourself out there for the audition. I don't know if I ever would have made it as far as you did, so that, to me, means you totally kicked ass just by being there.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Anonymous ben said…

    hey bugs. i heard your story and told my mom it would be ok if she didn't post my blog until tomorrow if it meant i got steak. she completely ignored me and said she's going to post what i told her to write later today anyway. can you believe that?

    don't worry, though. i let her know exactly what i think of her posting on time and not giving me steak -- i puked at the top of the stairs. maybe now she'll reconsider.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    Good luck!

    That is a too cool picture. Bet it made him feel taller huh? lol

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    HAHAHA! The wiener shadow is just too funny!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    LOL. You are too freaking funny. You even made me forget all about your audition.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home