The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Ladies Love Country Boys

What to write, what to write...??

I had a very long day and I'm very tired.

I've been watching the CMA awards tonight and I just want to declare to the internet how much I lurve country music. My younger self would have said that she hated country music, but that opinion came from a girl who hadn't given it a fair chance. When I was 16 I dated a guy who loved country music and listened to it all of the time. He loved Nascar too. Needless to say we did not stay together for long, but we did keep in touch for a number of years. The best thing to ever come from that relationship was my new found love of everything country.

Today, I probably listen to country music more than I listen to "the cool stuff," although I listen to all of that too. The reason I love country is because 1. it tells a story 2. expletive language is rarely used (I am becoming such a granny) and 3. the music and the artists seem much less pretentious than, say in hip-hop or rap.

I just relate so much more to country music than music of any other genre. Country music makes me laugh and it can definitely make me cry, but in a good cleansing cry kind of way. I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC. There I said it. Now time to get back to watching the awards, but first my gift to you...


There is no man sexier than a country music man
If you can name these four hotties, then we are true friends



I'm drooling.

11 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger alana said…

    Mmm I love Keith Urban. His last album was kind of a disappointment compared to the brilliance that was Be Here and Golden Road, but I guess the whole rehab thing probably had something to do with it. If his next album sucks, however? I'm going to have to blame Nicole and insist he gets a divorce.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    My mom passed on an Emerson Drive cd to me she got for free. I haven't listened to it yet. Are they any good?

    I do like country music, but rarely listen to it on the radio or watch cmt, I have no idea what's new or popular.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Erika said…

    I didn't really listen to it until I started dating Jonathan and of course when you are in that new love/all song lyrics apply to me stage of college, you can really relate to country. Our wedding song was George Strait. When I was pregnant I refused to listen to anything but country (the cool stuff had gotten to risque for me) but then I started to hate all things Clear Channel, and the other country stations in our area come in only sporadically, so I listen mostly to a top40 station now.

    I didn't even get past Josh Turner, HOTTTTTTT!!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I liked country music as a high schooler in Minnesota, but sort of "fell out of touch" with it in college in Seattle and living in NYC (where country is nonexistent). I recently found out that my roommate (who grew up in Texas) also secretly enjoys watching the GAC countdown every weekend, so I'm getting back on track!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Ok, I'm doing this without looking at anyone else's answers. The only one I have a clue at all about is maybe the third one. Is that Keith Urban?

    And don't ask me how I know, because I have no clue. Maybe from some commercial. What does he sing? Hell, who are the rest and what do they sing?

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Where is Kenny?

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    If it wasn't for the fact that you're already my friend I would so ditch you for liking country music. Seriously.

    I got the magnet (I almost typed STD but that wouldn't have sounded good) yesterdaay! Its so pretty!!! And I've got your address to so I'll be stalking your country music lovin' ass! Woohoo!

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Ummm...shit. You're gonna hate me. I don't know who those pretty men are. Let's see...what are some country names I know? Keith? Urban....legend? McGraw-Hill? (Or is that a textbook publisher?) Dammit. At least I don't have to feel to bad about not responding to your email immediately anymore since you will likely start hating me as soon as you read this.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Mmmmmmmmm Keith.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    These guys really just don't do it for me.

    Sorry Linds.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    I knew all of them except the first one! And now that I'm looking at them again, he's the hottest one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home