The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting ready to feast

In preparation for Thanksgiving, which we are spending at Edgar's mom's house with his family, I started baking tonight. I decided to try something new and off the cuff for a dessert. I got pumpkin bread mix and used it to make muffins, but then iced them with cream cheese icing to turn them into harvest-y cupcakes. They taste really good--of course I tried one. Or two.

Tomorrow I have to get up and make a Wat-Mart run. I'm also going to make whole berry cranberry sauce and possibly a potato "casserole" type dish. I figured I'd try a few new things this year (except for the cranberry sauce, which I made last year too) to add to the smorgasbord of Spanish-American Thanksgiving cuisine. I tend to like the more American traditional foods, but I also like that anything goes. It gives me a little freedom to try a few new things. Maybe I'll even start a tradition of my very own. Hey, you just never know.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I am all for the innovative Thanksgiving foods. I especially like having smaller portions of richer, more gourmet food instead of heaping portions of "just okay" food. That made eating at a fancy restaurant last night just perfect for me!

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Those cupcakes sound delicious! What was your potato casserole like? At my aunt's house, we always have a huge breakfast on thanksgiving, and this year she made a cheesy hashbrown casserole thing that was amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home