The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Sarah!

It is 11PM and I feel like I've been up forever even though I didn't do the whole 4AM crazy shopping. I did however wake up relatively early for a non-work day and I was out shopping around 11AM. I spent 6 hours in the trenches and tried my best to just keep smiling and not get annoyed. I really hate large groups of people in enclosed spaces, i.e. an indoor mall. I just hate dodging people every few seconds. I kept my temper under control for the most part, but after hours of walking around and being on my feet, my body started to shut down right about the same time my patience was waning. It was all worth it though because I did put a dent in my Christmas shopping. I only have a few people left to buy for. I am guessing I could have my shopping complete in about 2.5 more outings.

I maybe even gave in and bought one of those big cinnamon buns that they sell at the mall. Shame.

Enough about shopping though--the real holiday today was not Black Friday, but rather the Birthday Extravaganza o' Sarah! 26 years ago today my best friend was born.


If my one month old self knew that one day she would find such a sweet, kind, funny, bossy (in an endearing way), creative, bright, perfect friend, she probably would have smiled. Or pooped in her diaper. But definitely out of excitement. For sure.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Happy Birthday Sarah!

    I wait until the last week to do my shopping. Otherwise I would keep spending and spending.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    You were definitely a brave soul. Nick and I accidentally went out on Black Friday to buy woodchips for our yard at Home Depot. It slipped our minds that it was the biggest shopping day of the year until we stepped foot in there. Lots of sales on giant inflatable lawn ornaments, you know.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Thanks for the birthday greetings, Friend! My one month old self would have smiled (or pooped) over you too. I can't wait for my secret birthday outing. It is going to be so awesome. Unless we die.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Control your bowel movements, Lindsey and Sarah! Seriously, we don't need that stink up here in the Internets.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    I'm so very, very late here, but...

    Happy Birthday Sarah!!!

    Hope you had a great day.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Happy belated birthday, Sarah!

    Lindsey, I'm super impressed with all the time you spent shopping. I hate the crowds, too. I get so irritated because if someone isn't in my way, then I am in someone else's way, and that makes me grumpy and it's not pretty. I think you earned that cinnamon bun, for sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home