The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Roid Rage*

I'm disappointed that you guys could only pick out Keith Urban from the group of country hotties. The answers would be:
1. Josh Turner
2. Rodney Atkins
3. Keith Urban
4. Jason Aldean

You all have got a lot to learn about country music.

We haven't talked fashion for a while here at The Good Kind of Dorky and I think it's time. I was at the post office yesterday and saw a lady who looked a bit like a hooker, but more like a redneck hooker, who was wearing a faux fur leopard print jacket. She had a matching fur purse and I believe there was something leopard in her hair too. I wanted to take a picture with my new camera phone (welcome to the 2000s, self!), but I thought it would be too obvious. Jennifer, over at Operation Pink Herring advised me that I should have turned off the shutter sound and acted like I was texting. Brilliant. I'll remember that for the future.

This poor woman, bless her lil' heart, was being swallowed by a really tacky leopard. I am here to advise you ladies (and gentlemen) that if you are going to wear an animal print, please only wear one article of clothing at a time. Preferably, the print will not cover a large area of your body. For example, leopard or zebra print ballet flats are adorable when worn with a fairly simple outfit consisting of solid colors like black, white or brown/khaki. An animal print belt might be cute too. I'd avoid an animal print dress, skirt, jacket or pants. There are situations where you might be able to get away with a print shirt, but it's risky and it is rare to find one that actually looks tasteful. Also, if you are going to do a belt don't do a matching shoe. Seriously, I can't emphasize this enough--choose one thing at a time.

A headband might be cute...or shoes, I love animal print shoes. A leopard print purse is risky--zebra print less risky--but try to go for a sleek rather than a cute look. If you fail to follow these rules I'll be the one standing suspiciously close to you, just texting a friend...


*Fashion don'ts really make me fill with rage.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Taking pictures of the messed up things you find out in public while remaining in full stealth mode takes practice. I haven't yet managed it. I'm getting better, but I still have this nasty habit of busting up laughing while taking the pic, giving me away completely.

    So make sure to practice. Sneak up on the pup or Edgar or whatever friend/family member you think won't kick your ass, every chance you get.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    I LOVE the last sentence. LOL

    So, does this mean that my purple snakeskin pants with the sequins are out? And sadly, I'm so not kidding.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    I don't know how to turn off the shutter sound on my Razr & I need to! OMG I could get some good blogging material at work! Anyone know how to do that??

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Damn! There goes my whole wardrobe.

    And thanx for the hint on turning off the noise. Now I am going to grow horns.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    You must improve your stealth fashion-documenting skillz!

    What do you think is worse: leopard overkill or patchwork sack dress? What about a patchwork sack dress with a leopard jacket?

    Fashion may not make you rage, but you know what does? ROIDS.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I agree. I love animal print shoes.
    Flats.

    But you should really take pictures.
    Next Time.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Oh and PS the animal print overkill is def worse than that sack dress.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Jenny said…

    I once wore a whole zebra. Actually it was a stole with a fox head on it but it felt as weird as wearing a whole zebra.

    I'm rambling again, aren't I?

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    Fashion don'ts always make me want to get out my camera...but I just don't have the guts.

    And, I suddenly feel the need to buy leopard print ballet flats. How cute!

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    I'm sad that a leopard print purse is risky. :( I used to carry one of those bad boys with me everywhere.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Or you could just avoid animal prints all together because they are all ugly no matter what. Now I have to email you a fun story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home