The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend Remix

Our friend Lubi, who will be Edgar's best man in our wedding, was in town for the weekend. We hadn't seen him in two years so it was so wonderful to have him visit. We all lived practically next to each other in the dorms senior years so we used to be around each other all of the time. You know the friends who you are able to pick right back up where you left off with no matter how many years have passed, and it's never awkward? Lubi is one of those friends--he is like family to us.

Lubi's flight got in Friday morning and Edgar took off work so they could go see a movie together. We all met up for dinner at TGI Fridays. When I tried to give input on the appetizer selection (spinach artichoke dip, of course) and we ended up with the "triple play" (potato skins, mozz sticks and chicken wings), I knew I was going to just have to face that fact that this was going to be a manly weekend.

Saturday we went to Colonial Williamsburg, so I did end up having some pull.

This was the most beautiful tree I've ever seen.


We checked out a bunch of the colonial shops. I have these boys wrapped around my finger, just not when it comes to appetizers. But hats, definitely when it comes to hats.

There are some interesting characters visiting Williamsburg. In an effort to make up for my lack of photographic evidence of the woman dressed all in leopard print, I bring you "Tourist with socks, athletic shorts and dress shoes." I did this for your, internets. You know this dude is probably some genus, but it won't be realized until years after his death.
After we got back from Williamsburg, we went over to Edgar's mom's house for dinner. Here is a group picture of my soon to be brother in law, his wife who blinked, their son, me, Edgar and Lubi.
After dinner we met up with Sarah, Lauren, Erika and her friends at a bar in Richmond. These are my boys.

Erika does the symbol for love. Clearly there is a lot of love here.

There is a lot of love here too. Me and my best girlz.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Great pictures!

    That tree is uber-awesome. Most of our trees are bare now. *sniff*

    Looks like y'all had a stellar weekend.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Edgar looks so much like his brother!

    Have you considered having a colonial themed wedding? I think Edgar and Lubi could rock those hats with tuxes!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    I love the tree picture! Too cool! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Sounds like a great weekend! And such pretty trees.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Wow, that tree is stunning.

    I agree with Laurel -- colonial themed wedding is the way to go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home