The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Christmas Quickie (post that is)

I'm at home in Central New York now with my mom, dad and sister. What a wonderful day we're having opening gifts, eating the traditional Christmas breakfast, waiting for the traditional dinner, sharing laughs and enjoying each others' company. Of course, I wish Edgar were here with me, but we were able to have a mini-Christmas celebration together before I left to come home. I keep thinking how next year at this time I will be a wife to someone. In a few years, I could be a mom to someone. Each year Edgar and I have been creating more and more holiday traditions together and I can't wait to one day share traditions with a family of our own. In the meantime I am in no hurry--I am just delighting in the fact that I can still come home and relax and be a kid again. Yeah, I'm okay with that.

I hope you and your loved ones are having a Merry Christmas!

I'll be sharing "home" pictures with you later in the week! Get excited!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Aw, you make me miss my mom, dad and sis! Hope your NY visit has been wonderful!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Making your own traditions is part of the fun of growing up.

    Every Christmas morning I make Pillsbury cinnamon rolls while we open gifts. Then later we do a real breakfast.

    I also do Birthday Muffins when the kids have a birthday. Since they often have to go to school on their birthday, I started this to get their day going on the right foot with a birthday treat. They all look forward to it now.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I'm so glad that you are having a nice holiday. Now...come home.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    That is so sweet - and you are going to be such a beautiful wife, too!

    Merry Christmas, my dear!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, OpenID sarahthings said…

    I'm excited for pictures! :) Glad you had a fun Christmas visit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home