The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, December 20, 2007

SBS, please come forward and tell me who you are!

I must say, I think I have the best Secret Blogger Santa EVER! Yesterday I was home sick, feeling like pure crap (fever/chills/sore throat and all) when my day was brightened by the UPS man, who showed up at my door with a package for yours truly. It was from none other than my very own SBS. Are you excited to see what I got?

I about peed my pants with the joy that only comes from seeing a box that looks like this.

EEEEEE!!!!! Vera Bradley stationary!!!! I've always wanted VB stationary because much like putting a Starbucks in Target, it is a marriage of two things I love dearly (I don't even know that I've ever mentioned my love of stationary so way to go, SBS!) Throw in the fact that it is pink (!!!) and purchasing this particular style also supports breast cancer research and you've got the recipe for The Miracle of Christmas right there.

I would have posted a picture of myself thoroughly enjoying my awesome gift, but I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and was diagnosed with Strep Throat, more commonly known as "SARS." I was advised not to go to work today because of how highly contagious I am. As my gift to the world, I stayed inside and away from humanity today. I fear you might catch it just by looking at a picture of me, but believe me, my sex appeal is out of control. I don't know how Edgar is managing to keep his hands off me.

Luckily, I should be back to my non-contagious self by tomorrow and feeling much better just in time for Saturday's anxiety attack over my plane ride home. I'm doing everything in my power not to freak out, but these antibiotics are kind of putting a cramp in my plans to get wasted as a trial "self-medicating" technique. So I'm actually going to have to attempt to be a sane human being who doesn't let irrational fears take over. Surprisingly, I'm feeling a bit calmer than usual so that's a good sign.

Tomorrow night Edgar and I are celebrating Christmas together since we'll be apart on the actual holiday. The tree looks so pretty and we bought the perfect tree skirt last weekend. I put the gifts under the tree today. I can't wait for tomorrow night! In honor of our little family's early Christmas celebration I give you a picture of my pretty little reindeer daughter, Zoey.


Edited to add: Okay, so I pretty much don't have any idea who my SBS might be...last week I thought it was someone who I later found out wasn't even doing SBS. HA! Then I thought it might be Janet and about 5 minutes ago I thought, maybe it's Laurel. I am so off, aren't I?

Edited yet again to add: It was Laurel!!!! My random instincts were correct! Thank you Laurel-you are the best!!!

12 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Secret Blogger Santa said…

    Do you have a guess who I am?

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Oh my goodness, that is a very thoughtful gift. I'm impressed!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    How cute! Go Laurel!

    And Zoey? ADORABLE!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    Yippee!!!

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Motherload said…

    Umm... are any of those presents under your tree for your mother? :-)

    Laurel is an excellent SBS. That's a very nice gift. Is there any way I could get on her regular Christmas list?

    Zo-Zo, that is your cutest photo yet! I love it!

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Lucky you! That stationery is gorgeous!

    I got my SBS gift today, and it's a. maze. ing. You'll be jealous, for sure, even though your gift rules too. (Also, I totally guessed who my SBS was, and we have the gchat records to prove it!)

    Hope you're feeling better, and good luck with that flight! Maybe the antibiotics will keep you mellow.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger janet said…

    nope, not me, but good gift, Laurel!

    I can't wait to find out who my SS is....and I still need to reveal myself. Maybe tomorrow!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Love you and Laurel!

    I sort of revealed myself to my SBS... but I made her link to my blog first lol.

    I am so selfish.

    Still waiting to receive anything from my SBS.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger RA said…

    Yay for Secret Santa!

    But, Lindsey, that reindeer-thing is freaking me out like whoa. I can't look at it; the eyes are eating my soul.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger alana said…

    Aww, that's such a cute gift! And Zoey? She is adorable.

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Ohhhh, you were SPOILED.

    I haven't gotten my SBS last gift yet, but I'm super psyched. I just hope it gets here before I leave!

    From one sicko to another, big hugs are coming your way!

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    Zoey's reindeer picture is painfully cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home