The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Monday, January 07, 2008

Five Month Freak Out

I think for my wedding I'm going to have a cake that looks like this. What do you guys think?

I know I promised to take a picture of my car, but it's dark out so I will try to do it later in the week. Currently, I am also trying to sell my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Anyone want to buy a car? I've posted on craigslist so hopefully I sell it soon. I thought someone was going to end up buying it yesterday, but after wasting the majority of my day, he left and never came back. I talked to him on the phone and he said he was still trying to get the money that his brother owed him so he could buy the car. Turns out, his brother was one of the guys calling me throughout the day trying to buy the car out from under the brother. Either that or they are both lying. It was like the Jerry Springer of trying to sell one's car. I am not going to deal with those guys anymore. I have a guy coming out to see the car tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for me.

In other news, work is still pretty blah and the rest of my life is just one big wedding and non-wedding to-do list. Fun fact: I will be a wife in 5 months from RIGHT NOW. I have so much yet to do. I've booked my major vendors, but now it's setting up food tasting appointments (fun!), booking a limo, figuring out hotel stuff, choosing favors, flowers and how I want the tables to look at the reception. Oh and then there is the DJ and choosing shoes for me and my bridesmaids, making a final decision on the tuxes, getting the guys to send in their measurements and the list goes on. Details, people. Lots of details. So I've been trying to get back into the routine of working out in the mornings so I have my evenings free to research wedding stuff and get things done around the house so that it doesn't crumble around me. Did I mention we still have to purchase wedding bands and decide on a honeymoon locale? Oh and I need to find someone to do my make-up and hair for the big day. There are things I'm forgetting I'm sure. Like ordering invites and designing programs and deciding on a rehearsal dinner location. Yeah. Did I mention I only have five months? I did. Good. Now watch me attempt to stay sane.

Yeah, it's so not gonna happen.

16 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    Please do not make a freaky, creepy cake version of yourself. Then people would have to eat you! Here, wedding guests, enjoy some tasty boob...or a knee. It's creepy! :)

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    So funny that I posted about that lady's cake today too!

    And five months is plenty of time... just give yourself deadlines.
    Says the girl who is not getting married but just watches a lot of the WE network.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    What about registering? You are going to put that on your blog so that maybe some of us MIGHT want to get you something. But don't ask for a $50 can opener or you will get laughed at everytime I open a can or like when the power went out and I laughed about that $50 can open I bought for a newlywed couple. See? Things that need to go in another blog? Oh and the only reason why I bitch is because they didn't even send Thank you cards. Always remember thank you cards!!!!!

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    That cake is so wrong. It reminds me of that old video for Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More".

    But who am I to talk? If I ever get married again, my cake will be a Stanley Cup cake. *giggles*

    Every successful wedding starts with a list. So get your list going and work from there.

    I am so having something small or eloping. Well...assuming I ever get married which is becoming less and less likely with each passing day.

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Oh, Lindsey! Your cake is going to be GORGEOUS! I wish I could come and have a slice of thigh or ass!

    Good luck with that to-do list. 5 months is plenty of time -- you'll be fine!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Erika said…

    Do you use theknot.com's checklist? I remember the week before our wedding, our bedroom door had 6 pages of to-do list taped to it, color coded for "his" "hers" and "either". I think you should use that, and add your own items to it, so you don't lose your mind!!!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Operation Pink Herring said…

    Not only is that cake disturbing, her dress! It is hideous!

    CL always brings out the freaks and the Jerry Springers of the world... you should have seen the responses I got when I put up an ad for a petsitter last year. People were like, "I really need money right now so please let me take care of your pets LOL my moms medical bills are really piling up and I need the cash bad LOL" Riiiight... I am really going to give you the keys to my house after an introduction like that.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Making my way in PA said…

    That cake is a monstrosity. Um a little vain perhaps?

    In regards to the freak out. Breathe, relax. I get you. It seems like so. damn. much. to do, but it will be okay. Pick a little task at a time. And delegate. I made Brooks do a lot of stuff for our wedding. I gave opinions, but it was his responsibilty to call places and give me choices to pick from, so maybe you can give him like the DJ, the tuxes, rehearsal dinner place etc. Basically I chose things that I thought he couldn't screw up. Awful, yet true. Like no way in hell was he picking the programs. Just make him give you a couple of choices. It should help you FREAKING THE HELL out some.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    I think you should definitely have that cake. But I think you should have *that* cake, which looks like *that* bride, not a Lindsey-cake.

    Not that I don't think a Lindsey cake would be delicious.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Mrs. Higrens said…

    Lists are a beautiful thing. Also consider a 3-ring binder in which to keep said list and associated paperwork such as contracts, notes about different ideas for tables / flowers / tuxes etc. That way they are all together at all times and won't (in theory) get lost.

    I have lots of ass-vice for saving $ when planning a wedding, but won't offer unless asked.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    You have to get that cake. But only if you promise to also get that dress. GAG!

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Chiada said…

    Hehehe, I remember reading about that cake a few months ago. Freaky! No way would I have a cake made in my likeness. I mean, you have to wonder if there were some weird things going on in that lady's head as she and her groom were slicing into the cake and cutting up different areas - like the bosoms! LOL

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    I've seen that cake before. Its fugly. Dude, the stupid shit brides spend their money on! When I see it the first thing I think is "Full of yourself much?"

    And she's not even that pretty. Neither is the bride! lol

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Five months -- wow! It's going to go so fast, but lots of good things in the meantime.

    And for what it's worth, you'd make a much better looking cake. ;)

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    Well at least you have the cake figured out. Mark it off the list.

    And can you believe that woman actually wanted a cake of herself? She wanted people to eat her? It's just so creepy.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't freak out. My proposal and wedding happened only 3.5 months apart, and the [outdoor, even] wedding turned out great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home