The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shopping would be the motif here

Not too long ago Carrie asked me where I was registered just in case someone wants to get me a wedding gift. I figured it was about time I get back to her on that. Most likely she just wants to laugh at the things I want. However, Miss Carrie, there is no electric can opener on my list for you to make fun of so you'll have to find something else. I already have an electric can opener thank you very much. But don't worry, I have a manual one too, you know, in case the power goes out.

I am not one to advise holding back when it comes to shopping, especially if the shopping is being done for yours truly. So have at it, folks.

If you know my last name, you're good to go.

Crate and Barrel
Macy's
Mikasa

It would be really fun and cool if you told me what I have left off that I really should include! Remember, Edgar and I have been living together for a few years so we do have some of the essentials that many newlyweds may not have.

On another note, my parents are in town this weekend! My mom found the best MOB dress today that she is going to get or else. Talk about "Indecision 2008. " I guess I know where I get it from.

We also looked for lingerie for my wedding night...something white and pure, just like me. I looked at Victoria's Secret, but I didn't find anything good. I love their panties, but does anyone else think the quality of their lingerie has gone downhill over the past few years? They used to be classier and even the material used to be better quality. Oh well. I also looked at Dillard's--a dept. store--and I found a really pretty white, sparkly number, but it wasn't very...ahem...supportive. Do you guys know of any good websites or stores that sell lingerie? For the wedding night and the honeymoon I'm looking for stuff that is sexy/cute, but just not too cheesy.

And did I mention I got two bras, each on sale for $9.99 today? What a steal!

9 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger janet said…

    I so did not wear lingerie on my wedding night. Perhaps because I got too drunk and we stayed up all night swimming in the pool and the ocean. Classy, I know.

    Try Nordstrom!

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Awesome! You little.... (grin) I heart you so much for your smartassnesses. Don't forget Target, Bed Bath & Beyond. I will be emailing you after this comment.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous alyndabear said…

    Good for you getting all registered-up. I will definitely go have a peep, I love seeing what other people need/want/covet.

    The only thing I remember is my cousin frantically dragging me around a shopping centre on the morning of her wedding, with our hair done and our makeup done - as she realised she'd forgotten to get fancy knickers. Classic!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    When you say you and edgar have been living together, I think you mean to say you and edgar have been living in SIN. Hooker.

    I agree about VS lingerie. My friend Amy and I used to take each other shopping there for Christmas every year, and lately we've had a really hard time finding anything good. Lame.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    OMG you did NOT register for linens named after yourself. That is so awesome.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    Try just a white lacy thong. That's. It. Worked for me! The husband still talks about it and swoons ;) TMI? Sorry.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    VS lingerie is sucky!!

    There is a site called figleaves.com that has lots of lingerie, although I think it's pretty expensive.

    Otherwise, I think department stores may the way to go!

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    I love that spice rack on your Macy's registry.

    And also, I'd go with the thong too - or whatever pretties you have on under that dress. You know, the bright red corset?!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Mrs. Higrens said…

    I'll agree with you on Victoria's Secret...tho' their bras have never really fit me right, so I'm not too torn up about it.

    Bella on D.O.G. Street (Colonial Williamsburg) has top of the line lingerie but the prices are also top of the line. What's that store I keep hearing advertised? There's one near Southpark Mall in what looks like an old 7-11. Maybe you could find something there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home