The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Answers

While some of you got one right, no one was able to guess both of the truths. Let's talk about the lies.

I am naturally blonde. This one might be a little ambiguous as Laurel and I discussed. My hair was blonde as a kid, but has darker as I've aged. Technically, I haven't seen my entire head of hair in its virgin state for about ten years. I've seen my roots though and I know about what my hair color is--a mousy shade somewhere between blonde and brown. So technically maybe this is a part-truth, but for the sake of this game I'm just going to go ahead and call it a lie.

I secretly want to be in a polygamous relationship. Maybe if this relationship involved Jim from The Office or Dr. House from House M.D. I'd reconsider, but truth (or in this case lie) be told, I do not want to be in a polygamous relationship. Edgar on the other hand, now that is a different story.

I am allergic to peanut butter. Sweet Jesus if I ever develop this allergy someone just put me out of my misery. A life with peanut allergies is no life for me.

I am registered Republican. Lies, all lies. Let's not even joke around about this. :-)
Actually, in the state of Virginia one cannot register with a party, but if I could, the party name would start with a D. Sometime I should tell you the story about when I turned 18 and registered to vote in NY State. I "accidentally" checked Independence Party because I wanted to register as an Independent. Well, actually that is the entire story, so no need to tell it again at a later date.

I am left-handed. A lot of you thought this was true about me, what with my creative nature and superior intellect. No, I'm right handed and just.that.good.

My parents love my sister more than me. Um, hello??? Obviously they love ME more.

So by process of elimination, the truths.

I sucked my thumb until I was 12 years old. No really, I did. And I found out that I am not the only one. I was forced to stop this bad habit when it was time for me to get braces. True story.

I have kissed a girl. Is it that hard to believe that this is a truth? Didn't anyone else get drunk and totally make out with their best friend in college? Well I think you guys are the weird ones. College is all about experimentation, my friends.

And there you have it. More than you probably ever wanted to know.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Well looky here. Wow, Lindsey. You surprised me. For some reason I just knew you sucked your thumb. I guess I just see the oral side of you but I didn't see THAT oral side of you. LOL My teens/twenties best friend was a lesbian and we never made out. LOL I did however kiss a girl before but it was a long story.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I must admit that those were not the two I would have chosen.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    I wouldn't have guessed the thumb-sucker one. I think the girl-kissing thing was pretty common, although I've never done it (not with tongue anyway) Probably because no one wagered any money.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Funny.
    I registered with the Independence Party by accident in NY too..

    Oops!

    I want to call Shenanigans on your lie about you being Blonde... but I needed to read the explanation like 6 times over again. And now I am confused.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    You are such a little experimenting minx!

    I still claim victory for my correct guess on the hair color. I stand by our blondeness!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home