The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Truths and Lies

I can't believe how long it has been since I have blogged and I am seriously behind on my blog reading. I have been pretty focused on the fact that I am getting married in exactly four months. It's funny, when I got engaged I thought I would talk about the wedding all the time, but I didn't. I didn't talk about the wedding all that much for a good 7-8 months. That's because I had so much time left. Now, the main focus of each day is wedding, wedding, wedding. (Marsha Marsha Marsha!) I think about it so much and I have so many anxieties that I am this close to having to breathe into a paper bag to catch my breath. On an exciting note though, we have decided on a honeymoon locale. We have chosen a resort too, but still have to book it. Drum roll please...

We are going to the Dominican Republic. For those of you who don't know, this is where Edgar's family is from and it is his birthplace. So it will be really meaningful to travel to "the homeland." I am so excited! As each day passes and we get closer and closer to the wedding, I get more and more excited to marry Edgar and be his wife. I just feel like everything is so right. While the wedding "event" stresses me out, the thought of being joined in holy matrimony with Edgar brings me a sense of calm. It's a good feeling to say the least.

Anyway, Isabel and probably some others have been playing a little game called "6 Lies and 2 Truths." Okay, let's play!

1. I sucked my thumb until I was 12 years old.
2. I am naturally blonde.
3. I have kissed a girl.
4. I secretly want to be in a polygamous relationship.
5. I am allergic to peanut butter.
6. I am registered Republican.
7. I am left-handed.
8. My parents love my sister more than me.

ok go!

13 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Marriage-101 said…

    The truths better not be #'s 6 & 7 because those are lame. But if they are, I still love you.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Erika said…

    I had a sorority sister who went to D.R. for her honeymoon. Punta Cana I think? She LOVVVVVVEEEEEEED it.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Erika said…

    I had a sorority sister who went to D.R. for her honeymoon. Punta Cana I think? She LOVVVVVVEEEEEEED it.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I was thinking about you last night, and if you hadn't posted today I was going to e-mail you to say what's up!!

    I think the lies are #8 and #4.
    Am I right?
    Is there a prize?

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous audrey said…

    I KNOW a few of the lies. think the truths are 3 and 7

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger L Sass said…

    You are so close!! I am so excited for you.

    I think the two truths are...

    #2 - Though I bet you're like me and your hair has darkened with age.
    and
    #7 - You just seem like the creative, left-handy type!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Making my way in PA said…

    Damn L sass totally stole mine. Hussy!

    I think you are left handed because of the picture on your blog. Typically you hold things with your dominant hand.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I didn't read the other guesses.

    I think it's #4 and #6.

    (And after watching "Big Love" even I sometimes wish I had an awesome sister wife.)

    Also, the Dominican Republic sounds awesome. I know a few people that lived there for a few years and they always said the most awesome things about it!

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    I'm guesing #1 and #7.

    (I secretly hope #1 is true so that I won't be the only kid who sucked her thumb until she was 12).

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger janet said…

    You are going to love being married!

    I suck at this game so I will just await your answers

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    1 & 2 are the truth.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    I have to say its refreshing to hear/read a bride to be speak of how much she is looking forward to becoming her husband's partner rather than "looking forward to the wedding". Because, trust me, there is WAAAAY more than the wedding. Its a lif of happiness and sharing to look forward to. Congrats, Sweetie, it sounds like you're already on the right track in your marital life.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    I am going to say 2 and 7.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home