This year, I'm thankful for:
1. My husband! I can't believe it was just about 6 months ago that we tied the knot. Sometimes it feels like it was years ago and yet, it feels like it was just yesterday. Even though much of it was a blur, I'm pretty sure it really happened. I have pictures to prove it. I'm thankful for our commitment to one another and for the life that we share.
2. I'm thankful for my parents, as individuals and as a "whole." I am eternally grateful for all that they've done out of love to provide for me, guide me, challenge me and support me. I am also thankful that they've morphed into friend-parents over the past few years. Being an adult child is pretty cool.
3. I'm thankful for my sister for her friendship. I am also thankful for the things she gives to this world...her undeniable love of life, her ability to inspire others to take risks, her positive, energetic spirit and her perseverance.
4. I am thankful for my friends both near and far and even those I've never met! Near--I am so lucky to have found a great little group of friends who I genuinely hope to grow old with! Far--a couple of my very best friends I only get to see maybe once or twice a year. No matter how much time has passed, we can always just pick right back up where we left off. That's true friendship. Those I've never met--some of you blog friends I feel just as close to as I do to my "real life" friends. You know who you are...
5. I am thankful for Bugs and Zoey. They bring so much hairy joy to my life.
6. I'm thankful for my job and the ways in which the people I work for and with enrich my life in ways they'll never know. I'm thankful for a roof over my head and food on the table.
7. I am thankful for faith.
8. I am thankful for optimism and hope and the knowledge that they are not necessarily synonymous with naivete.
9. I am thankful for the great nation that is the USA. We are not without our problems, but we are optimistic and we are hopeful. I am also thankful for those who serve in the military.
10. I am thankful for my good health and the good health of those around me.
11. I am thankful for fictional vampires.
AND I'm thankful for YOU! What are you thankful for??