The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blonde Moment

The morning after the college football championship game, Edgar informed me that the Florida Gators had won. We had been talking about their quarterback, Tim Tebow, the night before. Anyway, the breakfast conversation went something like this.

Edgar: Florida won last night 24 to...(I am so not even paying attention at this point)...

Pause

Me: Oh are you talking to me? Sorry, I was reading an e-mail. What did you say about the 24th? Oh, who won the game last night?

Edgar: Are you kidding me? Yes, I was talking to you. I said, the gators won 24 to (whatever, I don't even remember what he said)

Me: Oh, cool.

Edgar: Did you know that Tim Tebow is really religious and he and his family have done all these missionary trips around the world?

Me: Oh really? That's cool to hear about a football player doing some good in this world.

Edgar: Yeah, he actually went to live in a Leper Colony.

Me: He went to live with leprochaunies?

Edgar: Yeah, in a lepercolony. (I still have no idea that he is saying "Leper Colony")

Me: Whoa, that is awesome! He lived with leprochaunies? So they really exist??

Edgar: O. M. G.

Me: Oooooooooh (just realizing what he actually said) you said LEPER COLONY! I was going to say, go get me my Lucky Charms!!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Erin said…

    Hahaha. That. Was. Awesome.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Audrey said…

    Oh my gosh, I can totally see myself doing the same thing. Hilarious.

    Also: my word verification is fulgo...kinda like fugly...I think your blog is trying to tell me something.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Not Blonde moment. I think it's just a not paying attention moment.

    :)
    Tim does stuff like this to me all the time. He won't pay attention to what I am saying and then he just makes something up just for it to seem like he is listening.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    you are so special.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home