The Good Kind of Dorky

 

Sunday, January 04, 2009

My Resolutions

Like I've said before, I'm not really a big New Year's Resolutions person. I don't like to set myself up for failure and I like to make small improvements day by day, blah blah blah. I do, however, like to make a short list of a few goals I'd like to work on throughout the year. In 2008 my goals included reading more, going to church more, getting in shape (lifting weights) for the wedding--all things I accomplished--go me! Focus on career goals was on the list too, and I think I can safely say that I considered options this past year. For the most part though, I'm still in the same place career wise as I was this time last year. We'll call that a work in progress. Of course, for the past 5 years "write poetry" has been on my list and I really still haven't gotten around to that. Maybe 2009 will be my year!

So here is my documented list of resolutions for 2009:

1. Get back into lifting weights and staying fit! Not that I'm sooo "unfit," but the motivation has not been there like it was in the past.

2. Continue going to Church on a semi-regular/regular basis.

3. Volunteer.

4. Keep reading, more and more! :-) Book club, here I come.

5. Continue to learn to cook new recipes. (see, a lot of my resolutions are things I've already begun. Not a bad place to be if you ask me)

6. Maybe run a 5k? This is a set-myself-up-for-failure resolution, but I'll put it on there anyway.

7. Save $$$!

8. Organize my house and do a couple of renovations.

9. Write poetry...obviously.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Anonymous audrey said…

    Good luck with your resolutions! I didn't really set any this year...maybe I should think about doing that.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger *~*Cece*~* said…

    Um, I don't see anything there about adding a baby to the mix, what's up w/that??? lol j/k

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous cady said…

    lifting weights more and saving more money are definitely on my list this year too. we'll see how that goes...good luck!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    I'm too lazy to make a resolution. Maybe that should be it? Stop being lazy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home